Friendfeed has been on my list of content aggregators and sharers for some time. Some of the people with accounts are thought leaders in this new era so , even though I didn’t really have time to get under the covers I’ve been connecting with a few guys there.
Last week we heard Friendfeed had been bought by Facebook. This got a whole load of people commenting, and me thinking (there’s another post on that coming soon).Mashable posted the news that a lot of Friendfeed fans weren’t enjoying the prospect of their favorite site being taken over and were running off to find somewhere else to congregate.
The destination for most seemed to be Streamy which I’d never heard of
So I’ve been trying it out, to see if there’s a real business (as opposed to social media self dating) dimension to Streamy.
Have you tried it? If so do you think there’s a business tool hiding in there somewhere?
Related articles by Zemanta
- I’m not sure what Streamy is, but it’s not FriendFeed (inquisitr.com)
- Why Streamy Could be the Next FriendFeed (readwriteweb.com)
- Facebook Lite: An Assault on Twitter? (businesspundit.com)
- Facebook buys FriendFeed (othersidegroup.com)
- Google, Facebook & Twitter To Jointly Investigate DDoS Attack (techie-buzz.com)
Have you checked out Front Office Box? It’ll help you manage your sales and customer service, without getting in your way. Simply organise today.